Saturday, October 29, 2016

Falling Into Place

Do you ever hear a song on the radio and one particular line of the song seems to catch your attention more so than any other part of the song? This happens to me quite regularly, and many times it’s not even chores that pulls my mind to a place of intrigue. It is usually a subtle, unsuspecting line that seems to draw my attention. One of the latest songs that has done this to me is a song by Casting Crowns called “Be Held.” The line that has caught my attention is the line that says: “Your world’s not falling apart it’s falling into place.”  (To listen to this song visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIZitK6_IMQ)


Have you ever felt as if your world was falling apart, being thrown upside down, turned inside out and twisted beyond recognition? I think we have all walked through a time or two riddled with hesitancy and uncertainties. I'm sure we can probably relate on some level to our world “falling apart.” This could come in a variety of different forms, from the death of a close friend or family member, the unexpected health problem, a freak accident, financial hardships, or relationship heartache, just to name a few. Our world can be peaches and cream one moment and within an instant it can take on the appearance of “falling apart. The thing is, God never promised our lives would be a bed of roses. He never promised that life would go according to our plans. His word does say that will face troubles and tribulations in this lifetime (John 16:33).

I woke up the other morning realizing why this one line from this song was continually repeating in my mind. I envisioned myself walking on a gigantic puzzle with millions of peaces all fitting together perfectly underneath my feet. As things seemed to be full of chaos in my life I saw random puzzle pieces falling from the sky. As these random pieces were falling, they slowly began to fall right into the missing holes, perfectly fitting where they were designed to fit. “Your world's not falling apart, it’s falling into place.” You see, we can choose to look at the falling pieces and assume that things are falling apart, but this is not how God sees it. This seemingly random falling apart is actually God orchestrating His creative handiwork to become a beautiful reality. It is God’s perfectly planned masterpiece coming to life! What a beautiful way to look at our trials and tribulations. I have a sneaky suspicion that James had this perspective figured out when he said…

“Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds” James 1:2

Sometimes we want to rush through things, avoid the hurt and the hard times, make them disappear and not walk through the valleys. What would happen if we asked God to take away all of those difficult times, so that we didn’t have to walk through the tough stuff? Here is the picture you would get. When we get to heaven and look back on our beautifully orchestrated puzzle we will see many holes and large sections of many missing pieces. When we ask God “Why are there so many missing pieces?” He looks at us with tear filled eyes, with all compassion in his heart and responds, “Those missing pieces, all of those holes that you see, are all of those moments you begged me to take the cup from you. They are all the times you pleaded with me not to make you go through the dark moments of life and the trials and tribulations. Those are all the times you asked me to take the moments of hurt from your heart because it was too much for you to bear on your own. In my compassion I took those things from you, but as a result, your masterpiece could not be complete.”  How disappointing that would be to look at this unfinished masterpiece and the only reason it is unfinished is because we would not allow God to take us through the valley of the shadow of death because we were too busy fearing evil when we should have been trusting God (Reference: Psalms 23:4).

I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to get to heaven and look at an unfinished masterpiece riddled with holes and missing pieces all because of my unwillingness to trust in the Lord with all of my heart and not lean on my own understanding (Proverbs 3:5). I want my puzzle to have as few missing pieces as humanly possible!  If we want our puzzle pieces to fall into place with completeness, we absolutely must trust that the Creator knows exactly what He is doing and put our trust in the fact that He can see our beginning and our end and that He is completely capable of filling in all the rest even when it seems like complete and utter chaos. God might give us glimpses of just a small portion of this enormous puzzle at times, but we can never see it in its entirety until we are standing beside the master creator himself. So in the meantime we are left putting our trust in the fact that “our world's not falling apart, it’s falling into place.”

For more reading about God's masterpiece visit: "You Are A Masterpiece", "You Are A Masterpiece (Part 2)", and "Our Creative God"

Father God, I thank you that you see all and know all. I thank you that you have orchestrated every falling piece of our lives to fit perfectly into place. Thank you for being patient with us as we teeter totter back and forth between fear and trust. Help us to land on the side of trusting that you have things under control even when we see nothing but chaos falling all around us. We place our trust in your hands today. In Jesus precious name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment